Senator Chris West
- Baltimore and Carroll
- Committee Assignment(s)
Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Judicial Proceedings Committee
- Annapolis Info
322 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3648 | 301-858-3648
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3648
- 322 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
1134 York Road
Lutherville, MD 21093
- Phone 410-823-7087
- 1134 York Road
Subscribe to My Newsletter
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland Senate in 2018. Member of the Senate since January 9, 2019. Member of the Maryland House of Delegates 2015-2019.
- Current Assignments
- 2019 Judicial Proceedings Committee
- 2023 Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR)
- Past Senate Service
- Redistricting and Reapportionment Committee, 2022; Marijuana Legalization Work Group, 2019; Maryland Health Insurance Coverage Protection Commission, 2019-2023; Juvenile Justice Reform Council, 2019-2021.
- Public Service
- Task Force to Study Maryland Orphans Court, 2021-; State Commission on Criminal Sentencing Policy, 2021-; Workgroup to Study the Transformation of Manufacturing in Maryland's Emerging Digital Economy, 2021-; Maryland Historical Trust, 2019-; Governor's Family Violence Council, 2019-.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Baltimore, Maryland, April 7, 1950; Williams College, B.A., 1972; University of Pennsylvania, J.D., 1975; Legal Counsel, Maryland Republican Party, 1982-1996, 1998-2003; Principal, Semmes, Bowen and Semmes, (Chair Business Law Department); Member, Emmanuel Episcopal Church; Married; one child.
Last Updated: 11/9/2023 4:00 PM