2008 Regular Session
File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Click to return on the top page
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Ramirez, Ali, Taylor, and Vaughn
Crimes - Hate Crimes - Use of a Noose or Swastika to Threaten or Intimidate
Prohibiting a person from affixing, erecting, or placing a noose or
swastika on a specified building or real property, without the express
permission of the owner of the building or property or the owner's
agent, with the intent to threaten or intimidate any person or group
of persons; establishing penalties; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occuring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (113-20)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Delegate Victor R. Ramirez, District 47
- Delegate Saqib Ali, District 39
- Delegate Herman L. Taylor, Jr., District 14
- Delegate Michael L. Vaughn, District 24
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Crimes and Punishments -see also- Penalties; Sentences; etc.
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law
- Bill Text (Displayed in PDF Format):
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Amendments (Displayed in PDF Format):
- Number: 682511/02 Offered on: March 18, 2008 at:
11:30 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 16, 2008: Third Reading Passed (113-20)