Article - Criminal Law
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Candidate” has the meaning stated in § 1-101 of the Election Law Article.
(c) (1) “Credit” means payment by a credit card or promissory note.
(2) “Credit” includes selling or pledging personal property in exchange for cash or tokens.
(d) (1) “Gaming device” means:
(i) a gaming table, except a billiard table, at which a game of chance is played for money or any other thing or consideration of value; or
(ii) a game or device at which money or any other thing or consideration of value is bet, wagered, or gambled.
(2) “Gaming device” includes a paddle wheel, wheel of fortune, chance book, and bingo.
(e) “Gaming event” means:
(1) a bingo game;
(2) a carnival;
(3) a bazaar;
(4) a raffle;
(5) a benefit performance; or
(6) any other event at which a gaming device is operated.
(f) “Organization” includes:
(1) a fraternal, religious, civic, patriotic, educational, or charitable organization;
(2) a volunteer fire company, rescue squad, or auxiliary unit;
(3) a veterans’ organization or club;
(4) a bona fide nonprofit organization that is raising money for an exclusively charitable, athletic, or educational purpose; or
(5) any organization that is authorized to conduct a gaming event under Subtitle 1 or 2 of this title or Title 13 of this article.
(g) “Political committee” has the meaning stated in § 1-101 of the Election Law Article.
(h) “Token” means a poker chip, bingo chip, or other device commonly used instead of money in the playing of a gaming device.