Delegate David D. Rudolph
- Committee Assignment(s)
- Annapolis Info
231 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Toll-free in MD
- 231 House Office Building
- Interim Info
P.O. Box 979
5 E. Main Street
Rising Sun, MD 21911
- Phone 410-658-2808
- P.O. Box 979
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 1994. Member of the House since 1995.
- Current Assignments
- 2007- Vice Chair, Economic Matters Committee
- 2007- Chair, Property and Casualty Insurance Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2007- Banking, Economic Development, Science, and Technology Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2007- Unemployment Insurance Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2007- Workers’ Compensation Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2011- Business Regulation Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2011- Consumer Protection and Commercial Law Subcommittee of the Economic Matters Committee
- 2007- House Committee on Rules and Executive Nominations
- Past House Service
- House Chair, Joint Committee on Base Realignment and Closure, 2008-2011; Public Health and Long-term Care Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2005-2006; Chair, Pharmaceuticals Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2004-2006; Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003-2006; Public Health Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2004-2005; Health Insurance Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003-2004; Chair, Health Occupations Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2003-2004; Joint Committee on the State's Emergency Medical Response System, 2003-2005; Special Committee on Higher Education Affordability and Accessibility, 2003-2004; Children and Youth Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 2001-2003; Ways and Means Committee, 1999-2003; Joint Audit Committee, 1999-2002; Finance Resources Subcommittee of the Ways and Means Committee, 1999-2000; Ethics and Elections Subcommittee of the Commerce and Government Matters Committee, 1995-1998.
- Public Service
- Maryland Military Installation Strategic Planning Council, 2012-; Maryland Tourism Development Board, 2010-; Co-Chair, Commission to Study the Title Insurance Industry in Maryland, 2008-2010; Education and Curriculum Advisory Committee of Maryland War of 1812 Bicentennial Commission, 2009-; Co-Chair, Task Force on the Availability and Affordability of Property Insurance in Coastal Areas, 2007-2008; Climate Change Commission, 2007-; Maryland K-16 Partnership for Teaching and Learning Workgroup, 2003-2007; Task Force to Convene a Summit on Civic Literacy in Maryland, 2006; Cecil/Harford Bridges Workgroup, 2006; Task Force on the Establishment of a Prescription Drug Repository Program, 2005-2006; Social Studies Task Force, 2005-2006; National Legislative Association on Prescription Drug Prices, 2005-; Upper Shore Regional Council, 2003-; Task Force on School Leaders, National Conference of State Legislatures, 2002; Chair, Cecil County Delegation, 1995-2002; Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, 2001-; Task Force to Study College Readiness for Disadvantaged and Capable Students, 2000-2001; Governor's Task Force on Eastern Shore Economic Development, 1999-2001; Maryland Task Force on the Principalship, State Department of Education, 1999-2001; Task Force to Study the Preservation and Enhancement of Maryland's Heritage Resources: Protection and Preservation Committee, 1998-2001; Bainbridge Development Advisory Board, 1999-; Bainbridge Re-Use Advisory Committee, 1996-1997; Commission to Save the Lighthouses, 1995-1996; Governor's Executive Advisory Council, 1991.
- Maryland Veterans Caucus, 2005-; Maryland Legislative Sportsmen's Caucus, 2005-; Participant, Congressional Congress on Civic Education, 2003-2005; Maryland Rural Caucus, 2002-; Chair, Cecil County Kids' Coats Annual Campaign, 1987-; Ethics Committee, Maryland Democratic Party, 1975-1978; Chair, Cecil County Democratic Central Committee, 1974-1978; Rising Sun Lions Club.
- Municipal Super Star, Maryland Municipal League, 2011, 2010; Certificate of Appreciation, Maryland Municipal League, 2007-2009; Principal of National School of Excellence, U.S. Dept. of Education, 1991; Outstanding Young Men of America, 1980; Governor's Outstanding Citizenship Citation, 1975.
- Biographical Information
- Born in Summit, New Jersey, June 12, 1949; North East High School, 1967; Wilmington College, B.A., History and Political Science, 1971; University of Delaware, M.Ed., 1977; Wilmington College, Ed.D., 1998; Teacher, Assistant Principal, and Principal, Cecil County Public School System, 1973-2000; Coordinator, Cecil County Public School System and Cecil Community College Partnership, 2000-02; Director of Teacher Education, Cecil Community College, 2002-; Married, Three children, Two grandchildren.
Last Updated: 10/15/2019 3:26 PM