2011 Regular Session
File Code: Health Care Facilities and Regulation
Click to return on the top page
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Summers, Howard, and V. Turner
Hospitals - Medical Harm Disclosure Act
Altering the requirements for hospital licensure; requiring hospitals
to report medical harm events to the Department of Health and Mental
Hygiene; requiring hospitals that have had no medical harm events to
make a specified statement to the Department; requiring hospitals to
establish a patient safety program; requiring hospitals to inform
specified persons of medical harm events, interview persons about
medical harm events, and include a medical harm event on a death
certificate under specified circumstances; etc.
Legislative date is used to record
history occurring in the Chambers
otherwise Calendar date is used.
- First Reading Health and Government Operations
- Hearing 3/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Health and Government Operations
- No Action
- Delegate Michael G. Summers, District 47
- Delegate Carolyn J. B. Howard, District 24
- Delegate Veronica Turner, District 26
Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- Appeals -see also- Judicial Review
- Auditors and Audits
- Committees and Commissions -see also- Political Committees
- Death -see also- Advance Medical Directives; Wrongful Death.
- Electronic Government
- Fees -see also- Attys' Fees; Devt Fees & Taxes; Reimb Rates.
- Health -see also- Mental Health
- Health and Mental Hygiene, Department of
- Hospitals -see also- Clinics; State Hospitals
- Inspections -see also- Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Investigations and Inquiries -see also- Crim Bckgrnd Invest.
- Licenses -see also- Alcoholic Bev Lic; Drivers' Licenses
- Penalties and Sentences -see also- Death Penalty
- Public Information
- Records -see also- Land Records; Vital Records
- Revenue and Taxes -see also- Dev Fees & Taxes; specific tax.
- Rules and Regulations
- Safety -see also- Occupational Safety
- State Universities and Colleges
- Vital Records
Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
All documents except Roll Call Votes are
displayed in PDF format:
- Bill Text:
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal and Policy Note:
Committee Votes :
- Health and Government Operations