Senator Obie Patterson
- Prince George's
- Committee Assignment(s)
Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee
Executive Nominations Committee
- Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee
- Annapolis Info
201 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3092 | 301-858-3092
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3092
Fax 410-841-3410 | 301-858-3410
- 201 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
District 26 Legislative Office
10905 Fort Washington Rd., Suite 211
Fort Washington, MD 20744
- Phone 240-493-7222
- District 26 Legislative Office
Subscribe to My Newsletter
2024 Contact Information
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland Senate in 2018. Member of the Senate since January 9, 2019. Member of the House of Delegates 1995-2007.
- Current Assignments
- 2019 Deputy Majority Whip
- 2019 Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee
- 2019 Alcohol Subcommittee of the Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee
- 2019 Education Subcommittee of the Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee
- 2021 Executive Nominations Committee
- 2019 Joint Committee on Gaming Oversight
- 2021 State Park Investment Commission
- 2019 Legislative Black Caucus of Maryland
- Past Senate Service
- Joint Committee on Children, Youth, and Families, 2020.
- Public Service
- Commission on Environmental Justice and Sustainable Communities, 2019-; Local(Video Lottery) Development Council, Prince George's County, 2019-.
- Pi Sigma National Honor Society; National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Life Member.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Lancaster, South Carolina, March 7, 1938; Johnson C. Smith University, Charlotte, North Carolina, B.S. Biology, 1965; University of Florida, M.A. Public Administration, 1971; Member, County Council, Prince George's County, representing District 8, 2010-2018; Former research biologist, management analyst, equal employment opportunity specialist, U.S. Department of Agriculture; Three children; three grandchildren.
Last Updated: 8/11/2021 10:38 AM