Senator Ronald N. Young
- Committee Assignment(s)
Executive Nominations Committee (Chair)
Budget and Taxation Committee
Reapportionment and Redistricting
- Executive Nominations Committee (Chair)
- Annapolis Info
301 James Senate Office Building
11 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3575 | 301-858-3575
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3575
Fax 410-841-3193 | 301-858-3193
- 301 James Senate Office Building
- Interim Info
253 East Church Street
Frederick, MD 21701
- Phone 301-662-8520
- 253 East Church Street
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Senate in 2010. Member of the Senate since 2011.
- Current Assignments
- 2021 Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2021 Health and Human Services Subcommittee of the Budget and Taxation Committee
- 2019 Chair, Executive Nominations Committee
- 2021 Legislative Policy Committee
- 2020 Joint Committee on Administrative, Executive, and Legislative Review (AELR)
- 2016 Senate Chair, Joint Subcommittee on Program Open Space/ Agricultural Land Preservation (Member since 2011)
- 2015 Joint Committee on Federal Relations
- 2015 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- 2017 Women Legislators of Maryland, Associate Member
- Past Senate Service
- Judicial Proceedings Committee, 2020-2021; Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2011-2020; Chair, Environment Subcommittee of the Education, Health, and Environmental Affiars Committee, 2019-2020; Education Subcommittee of the Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2015-2020; Chair, Comptroller Issues Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2015-2019; Alcoholic Beverages Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2012-2015; Environment Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2011-2015; Labor, Licensing, and Regulation Subcommittee of the Education, Health and Environmental Affairs Committee, 2011-2015; Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education, 2019; Workgroup on Death with Dignity, 2015; Vice-Chair, Frederick County Delegation, 2015-2016.
- Public Service
- Maryland State Arts Council, 2019-; Complete Streets Program Workgroup, 2018-; Maryland Comptroller's "Reform on Tap" Task Force, 2017; Governor's Advisory Council on Hereditary and Congenital Disorders, 2015-2019; Financial Education & Capability Commission, 2012-; Task Force on Green Technology, Life Science, and Health Information Technology Loan-Assistance Repayment Program, 2011-2012; Governor's Advisory Commission on Maryland Wine and Grape Growing, 2011-; National Conference of State Legislatures (Natural Resources and Infrastructure Committee, 2011 -), 2011-; Town Manager, Town of Indian Head, 2001-2005; Mayor, City of Frederick, 1974-1990; Board of Alderman, City of Frederick, 1970-1974.
- Maryland Military Installation Legislative Caucus, 2017-; President, East Frederick Rising, 2006-2010; Advisory Board, Maryland Shakespeare Theater, 2008-; Board of Directors, Goodwill Industries, 2006-; Past Member, Chesapeake Bay Critical Area Commission; Past Member, Patuxent River Commission; Past Vice Chair, Power Plant Research Advisory Committee; National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP); American Planning Association; Chesapeake Bay Foundation; Forum for Rural Maryland; 1000 Friends of Maryland; U.S. Tennis Association; Rural Legacy Board; Urban Land Institute; Fraternal Order of Elks; Fraternal Order of Owls; Delaplaine Visual Arts Center; American Legion; Frederick Festival of the Arts; Past Member, Board of Directors, Way Station; Past Trustee, Maryland Art Place; Past President, Frederick Arts Council.
- Livability Award for Support of the Arts, U.S. Conference of Mayors , 1988; Distinguished Alumnus Award, Frederick Community College , 1987.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Frederick, Maryland, October 19, 1940; Frederick High School; Frederick Community College, A.A., 1962; University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., History and Government, 1967; Western Maryland College (now McDaniel College), M.Ed., 1970; Teacher, Frederick County Public Schools, 1967-73; Consultant, Commercial Real Estate, and College Instructor, 1990-91; Newspaper Columnist, Frederick, 1990-98; Deputy Secretary, Department of Natural Resources, 1995-96; Deputy Secretary, Department of Planning, 1991-95, 1996-2002; Town Manager, Town of Indian Head, 2001-05; Consultant, Commercial Real Estate Sales, 2005-; Married; five children; eight grandchildren; one great-grandchild.
Last Updated: 1/25/2022 4:06 PM