Delegate Kenneth Kerr
- Committee Assignment(s)
Health and Government Operations Committee
- Health and Government Operations Committee
- Annapolis Info
209 Lowe House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3240 | 301-858-3240
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3240
Fax 410-841-3308 | 301-858-3308
- 209 Lowe House Office Building
- Interim Info
4539 Metropolitan Ct.
Frederick, MD 21704
- Phone 301-360-3505
- 4539 Metropolitan Ct.
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates in 2018. Member of the House since January 9, 2019.
- Current Assignments
- 2020 Deputy Majority Whip
- 2019 Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2019 Insurance and Pharmaceuticals Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2022 Government Operations and Health Facilities of the Health and Government Operations Committee
- 2021 Joint Committee on Cybersecurity, Information Technology, and Microbiology
- 2019 Maryland Legislative Latino Caucus, Associate Member
- 2019 Veterans Caucus
- Past House Service
- Health Occupations and Long Term Care Subcommittee of the Health and Government Operations Committee, 2019-2021.
- Public Service
- Oversight Committee on Quality of Care in Nursing Homes and Assisted-Living Facilities, 2020-; Frederick County Public School, Member Board of Education, 2016-2018; Maryland Higher Education Commission Faculty Advisory Council (secretary 2012-present), 2009-; Statewide Standards Committee for English Composition, past secretary; National Association for Developmental Education, Past National Political Liaison; Developmental Education Association of Maryland (DEAM, Past President); Associated Faculty for the Advancement of Community College Teaching (AFACCT), past board member; Mid Atlantic College Reading Association (MACRA), Past President; Institute for Service Learning, Advisory Board/Program Design Team, Salisbury University, 1997-1991; Maryland Partnership for Teaching and Learning Pre-K-20, 1997-1999; Frederick County Parks and Recreation Commission; Career and Technology Education Advisory Board; Eastview Community Center Inc., Board Member.
- Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks, Lodge 684, 2004-; Rotary Club of Carroll Creek, 2015-.
- Middle States Region, Distinguished Advisor Award, 2012; Phi Theta Kappa, Mosal Scholar, 2012; President's Award, Frederick Community College, 2011; Phi Theta Kappa Paragon Award for New Advisors, 2009, 2010; Phi Theta Kappa, Parnell Scholar, 2008; Phi Kappa Phi, Hood College Alumni Honorary Member, 2008; Faculty Association Excellence Award, Frederick Community College, 2007; Innovation of the Year for "The Assessment Zone Video Project, " League for Innovation in the Community College, 2006; Innovation Grant, Student Learning Assessment Video, Frederick Community College, 2005, 2006; Rising Star Award, Morgan State University, 2004; Supporting Star Award, Morgan State University, 2004; Award for Outstanding Research in Curriculum Development, School of Urban Education, Morgan State University, 2004; Innovation Grant, Frederick Community College, 2004; Phi Theta Kappa International Honors Society, Honorary Member, 2004; Teaching Excellence Award, Frederick Community College, 2004; Outstanding Mentor-Mentee Pair, 2002, 2001; Adjunct Faculty Award for Excellence, Frederick Community College, 1996, 1995.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Boston, Massachusetts, January 28, 1957; Woodlawn High School, Baltimore County, 1975; Frederick Community College, A.A., General Studies 1978; Hood College, B.A., Music, 1981; Towson University, M.S., Professional Writing, 1995; Morgan State University, Ph.D, Education, 2003; Harford Community College, Assistant Professor of English and Transitional Studies, 1996-1997; WOR-WIC Community College, Instrucor of English and Developmental Education, 1997-1999; Frederick Community College, 1999 - (Chair, English Department, 2011-2017, Interim Dean, Arts and Sciences, 2015-2016); Married; two children; two grandchildren.
Last Updated: 1/18/2022 12:01 AM